After postponing the start of my spring capsule because of heavy snowfalls, I’m ready to go now. Although it looks as if it may start snowing again here, after some sunny days – #crazy weather!
You know the drill by now – review what worked and what didn’t from my winter capsule, decide what I’m keeping, what I’m letting go and any lessons learned on the way.
I’m such a nerd but I always love that bit!
And then on to deciding what goes into my spring capsule.
At the moment, I have 33 items! I know! The perfect number for Project 333. I can’t make out whether I’m now just used to the optimum number or whether it’s coincidence!
My base colours are navy and burgundy – a bit of a break from my winter black – with some neutrals of white and grey and some accent pieces of stripes and brighter colours.
This time, I decided to actually count how many pieces I’m carrying forward from other capsules and how many are new. (See ‘nerd’ above!).
Out of my 33 pieces, 26 (79%) are items I already had; 4 (12%) are clothes I bought second hand and 3 (9%) are brand new. I’m quite pleased with that ratio.
A few reflections:
- I’m investing more in quality pieces, so they last longer and I can carry them from season to season.
- My personal style is far more defined than it used to be, which is why I’m happy with having 4 out of 5 pieces from previous capsules.
- I wouldn’t have found my style in such a defined way, if I hadn’t experimented with a capsule.
- I need fewer clothes as I can be more creative with what I have. 3 or 4 years BC (before capsule!), I tended to have ‘outfits’ so I would have a top to match a pair of trousers or a jacket that went with a skirt. Nowadays that’s a luxury and frankly too boring – I mix and match more and so come up with combinations that I wouldn’t have thought of previously.
- I still make mistakes but my decision-making has improved. I know what I will wear, what I will get most value from and what suits me.
- I’m less swayed by others – I’m not remotely a fashionista and have no idea about current trends but I am certainly developing my own style and with that comes a measure of confidence.
Anyone else started their spring capsule? Have a great week 😊