There’s a chill in the air, a diminishing of leaves on the trees and my summer clothes are beginning to feel inadequate – autumn is coming!
Personally, I love autumn – or fall for my US readers :-). I like the excuse to snuggle into warmer clothes, dust off my boots and start lighting candles again. Hygge becomes my watchword and all this without the biting cold and rain of winter.
In time-honoured fashion, I will start the preparations for my autumn capsule:
- Review my summer clothes – what worked and why; what didn’t and why
- Decide what clothes I will carry into my autumn capsule – what will my key base colour be? And my accent colours?
- Review for gaps – shop my wardrobe before hitting the actual shops, though!
- Thoroughly clean my wardrobe
- Wash and iron my summer clothes before putting them away
- Hang up my autumn clothes.
Oh, the satisfaction of surveying a clean, empty wardrobe! For me, this is the epitome of a curated capsule. I’m being choosy about what to put into my fresh, clean wardrobe and treating it like a rail in a boutique.
Speaking of which, I find using a clothing rail to transition from one capsule to the next is really handy. I can look at both capsules at once – making it easier to review. And it helps give an overview of my new capsule, seeing what colours and styles jump out.
Then, the same process with my shoes.
I’m good to go. Next week, I’ll go into a little more detail about the capsule – what’s in and what’s out. Anyone joining me this autumn? I’d love to hear. Have a great week 🙂