The lovely Onyx-Natasha at Value Simplicity nominated me for this award. I didn’t even know what a blogger award was and had to do some research! But it sounds like a lot of fun and I’m so grateful to Onyx-Natasha for including me in this. What a lovely way to build the community of bloggers and find out a bit more about each other and our blogs 🙂
Okoto Enigma created this award to recognise brilliant, inspirational and sometimes lesser known blogs. She called it the Mystery Blogger Award, as a play on the name of her blog ‘Enigma’. Click here to find out more about it.
Rules of Award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird/funny question!
- Share a link to your best post
Onyx-Natasha’s questions for me were:
- Who inspires you? Anyone who has the integrity to walk to the beat of their own drum
- If you could have dinner with anyone, who would they be? Anne Tyler, my favourite author
- What meal would you serve them? Salade Caprese with home-made bread
- What is one question that you would ask that person? What is the overlap between memory and imagination when writing a novel?
- Do you have a party trick that is unique to you and you alone? It’s not a trick but I make a mean Margarita cocktail, which is always a favourite at parties – does that count?!!
Based on the number of views and comments, I think my best post is the one where I write about why I first became interested in minimalism.
3 things about me:
- My name is Lorraine and my family and close friends call me Lol – but when I sign off at the end of an email, blog post or comment using Lol, it is sometimes interpreted as me ‘laughing out loud’ – not always appropriate given the tone of the post or comment!!!
- I have a lovely fur baby – my cat Cody – who turns my house into a home.
- I studied sign language for a few years and received a qualification at the end – Irish sign language is the most beautiful language I know.
My 10 Nominees are:
- The Change Agent
- Stay At Home Minimalist
- From Type A to Type Ahh
- The Casual Stylist
- Green Lights Ahead
- Good and Goodbye
- The Healthful Saver
- Autumn Whewell
- Minimalist Marketer
My 5 questions are:
- Where are you from?
- What is the best thing about blogging, for you?
- What book/film speaks to you most?
- Where would you most like to visit?
- Do you have a nickname?!
Thanks to all of you who joined in and to the brilliant Onyx-Natasha – I look forward to reading all your responses 🙂